Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Last Day of Fall Conference

No offense to the fine folks at the Glass Association of North America (GANA), but I’m pretty happy to be leaving Dallas today. The Fall Conference itself has been terrific, with lots of progress made during the meetings, as well as some interesting presentations (check out www.usgnn.com for more on that). But for the second morning in a row, I woke up, turned on the news and was immediately greeted with the warning that 88 counties in Texas have already declared a disaster in preparation of Ike. This morning I learned in addition that the Dallas Convention Center is being prepared by the local Red Cross to house evacuees as the hurricane approaches.

For those of you who read my recent post on our storm-related reports, let me just say that while I’m happy to assist in getting information out there, I have no interest in offering a first-person perspective on the need for glass replacement following a hurricane …

Maybe Dallas and GANA are just a bad combination. Back in 2005, Hurricane Rita kept GANA members from attending that year’s Fall Conference, as several people commented during last night's reception. But on the other hand, I’m just glad that this go around everyone had the opportunity to come together and progress on the number of items that have been under discussion this week.

No comments: